Saturday, April 10, 2010

Marsh's Free Museum

A week ago I went to the Coast and on Saturday we drove up to Long Beach, Washington. To play laser tag and visit Marsh's Free Museum. I had never been and I have to say, I was quite fascinated. It's one of those places that was called a museum in the early 20th century but is really just a building full of random curiosities from around the world. Most notably, Jake (see the last photo).


I actually watched a documentary about how they make shrunken heads once.





I have this thing about antlers... I think they're slightly amazing.



I am oh so glad I never had to make sodas with something like this.





A friendly Polar Bear, I think he looks like he wants to hug you goodbye. (This is over the door)



This sounds like the kind of political slogan I would come up with... probably why I'm not in politics...


And, finally, the reason we went to the Marsh's in the first place... Jake, the Alligator-Man.

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit... I so went to that place as a kid!

    ReplyDelete