Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Rant

Today I'm going to sit here and rant about a couple of things that don't really matter, but drive me crazy. So, if you don't want to read about this, don't. I won't blame you, it is, in fact, simply to make myself feel a little bit better.

1. Bend is not in Eastern Oregon, it is not the same place as North Bend either. Bend is very close (when you're looking at a map) to the exact center of Oregon. Fossil, just letting you know this, girl in my class who I'm sure doesn't read this, is in eastern Oregon. It is hours away from Bend and is completely different! Do not try and tell me where things are located, geographically, in Oregon unless you know for a fact that is where they are. Perhaps it's because I have lived in Oregon my entire life, traveled all around it, because it's easier than going somewhere else. Or maybe it's because I was forced throughout my education to learn Oregon's geography. I'm not sure how, in one of my high school classes, some of the people I had gone to school with for years, didn't know the general location of major landmarks in Oregon. Maybe I just like maps too much. I don't really know what it is, but I'm really sick of people getting central, eastern and southern Oregon all mixed up or just throwing them all into the same bag. Just because you live in Portland (and I'm directing this at people who aren't originally from Oregon and haven't lived here for years, just to let everyone know) that doesn't mean that the rest of your state is unimportant and just one big blob.

2. To the stupid kid in my class that laughs at all the professor's stupid jokes that aren't funny. WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT NOTES ON THIS MIDTERM? Somehow I have to remember general definitions for 40-odd terms and be able to answer 4 essay questions. WITH NO NOTES. Can you tell I'm upset about this? My class voted not to have a page of notes. Who does that? Honestly.

3. I had better not be getting sick at all this term. Ok, this one isn't really a rant.

I feel much better now that I've gotten these things off my chest. Now I need to study for that midterm I mentioned. I have an hour to study... we'll see how it goes.

Gee, I'm negative, aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment