Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some Nerdiness

So tonight I have been quite nerdy, more so than usual. I spent the last hour and a half or so listening to this fascinating lecture on the extinction of languages and a specific tribe of South America. As someone planning on studying anthropology I found this extremely interesting, because their culture is so different from any that I have ever heard of, perhaps I should be a nerd more often, or perhaps their culture is truly full of completely unique concepts. I'm sure they are completely unique, but they were quite fascinating to me and the information about linguistics and their language was very interesting as well.

Now, to be a little bit less nerdy, I also found some lovely photos on flickr today, enjoy.








Laurence 2 (and more of her work here)






I'm beginning to long for autumn, I think those photos reflect that. I can't wait to get all my warm clothes out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment