Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Frenchness


Despite the fact that a part of my family heritage is French (and French-Canadian as well) after today I do not see my career as a French pastry chef taking off. I have yet to see how everything turns out, but I decided to try my hand at making some macarons. I've just seen them way too frequently in the past few months (like here, here, and here) even if they were just hiding among other things, they looked delicious and as Bend doesn't have any French bakeries that I know of, when this showed up (yes I know that is the same link as the one above) I just had to try and make them. I think my working around sweets has made me much more interested in learning to make them than just eating them. Or maybe I just wish I was a better baker and cook... or maybe both. I don't really know but I will let you know how they turn out. It will be pretty interesting.

1 comment: