Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Macarons


This is my version of what I was talking about yesterday... they are amazingly delicious, and some don't look all that bad... perhaps, with some training, I could become a French pastry chef after all.... Not that I have any desire to do that right now, but it is good to know I have that option.
I don't think anything else I say is going to have anything to do with macarons, do I ever really stay on subject on here? This is sad, I'm asking myself questions and answering them. I think I need to sleep... there are lots of signs right now that I need to, like that my eyes can't completely focus on my computer screen or that anything I try to read does not remain in my mind.
There are a few things that I wanted to talk about, but I don't remember them right now... Can you tell I'm tired? I'm afraid this is going to be a very stupid sounding post... oh well. Earlier tonight, probably because it was 80 out still when I was riding my bike home from work at 10:30, I had a strange desire to go swimming (or really, skinny dipping, oh so scandalous, I know). Unfortunately this isn't really an option right now. I also really want to go camping, darn it! I am also really glad that I am currently spending my time in what is technically a desert (so there is no humidity to make the heat even worse) and also missing the horrible heat wave hitting Portland right now.
I think the final thing I have to say is: Who calls someone Moose? That is so random. I am so horribly random when I'm tired. I'm going to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps a person would be called Moose if they remind the person calling them that of a beautiful and fascinating creature that is mellow most of the time but can get a little stressed when being bothered by too many people or after a long day's work. If the person likes being outdoors, near lakes, isn't in any particular hurry most of the time and has large, frightening bone antlers growing from their head it would make even more sense. Or perhaps they remind the caller of a certain French-Canadian moose the occasionally appears in Non Sequitur as a funny romantic character. That might be a long stretch though, I don't know how many people even read Non Sequitur.
    Maybe it's all these reason's or maybe it's something completely different, but either way I'm sure it's supposed to be an endearing nickname.
    If I had to pick just one of these as an explanation, I would definitely choose the large, frightening bone antlers, that seems like a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete